- Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children in the U. S.
- African American children have the highest rates of death by drowning, three times higher than any other demographic group.
- Swimming is the best all-around exercise for a great cardio/pulmonary and total body workout which canpositively impact people with obesity, type 2 diabetes, coronary and other chronic diseases.
- Competency in swimming opens the doors to other sports and offers opportunities for college scholarships.
- The life lessons learned from personal achievements in swimming include discipline, confidence, goal setting, commitment, perseverance, resiliency and team work. These traits can be integrated into a child’s academic work, social environment, career, and on-going community activities.
Swim Strong provides affordable swim programs to STOP the drowning. We guide students from age three through adult towards a healthy lifestyle via healthy exercise, nutrition and competitive sports.
Importantly in our communities, students learn how to survive riptides.
Donate by Check
Please make out your check to “Swim Strong Foundation” and mail it to:
Swim Strong Foundation
P.O. Box 701165
East Elmhurst NY 11370
Your donations help us save and transform lives through the great sport of swimming!
- $15 buys a child a swim cap
- $50 buys a child a swim suit
- $135 buys a series of 9 introductory swim lessons for a child
- $250 buys a series of 9 learn to swim lessons for a child
- $1250 buys lessons for 5 students
- $2500 buys lessons for 10 students
- $5000 buys lessons for 20 students