Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater?
Take your first steps towards becoming a Scuba Diver!
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- 2 Hour Discover Scuba Diving Course with a PADI Dive Professional
- Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide Booklet
- All equipment you will need for the course
- Completion of course counts as credit towards a future Open Water Certification
- 25% towards continuing your diving education with Superdive Scuba
When: May 22nd, 6:00PM Where: Bushwick High School
Course Fee: $150 Total Participants: 12
Bring: Completed PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement
*Minimum Age to Participate: 10 Years
Special Needs Swimming Lessons
Drowning is the leading cause of death for children and adults with autism. But it doesn’t have to be. Swim Strong is dedicated to working with special needs children to help them learn the skills they’ll need to be safe in and around the water. Our goal is to provide water safety education and teach the swimming skills that will help your child be safe, effective and confident in the water.
Our instructors are trained to work with each child individually in order to meet them where they are. Safety is our first priority. They understand that every child with Autism is unique and are patient and able to provide different examples to help the student learn best for them.
Read Before Registering
- Spaces filled during the general registration period are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
Refund and Make-up Policy:
No refunds will be given after 7 days PRIOR to the start of the sessions. Please consider this before enrolling.
Make-Up Policy: We DO NOT offer Make Ups
Should we not have access to one of our pools due circumstances beyond our control (like a maintenance shut down , swim or other event or severe weather…or the student is ill) students at the Stroke Enhancement and Competitive levels are offered the opportunity to swim at one of our other venues within two weeks of the event. We can not offer that courtesy to our Learn to Swim students as we do not have the same number of coaching staff available at the more advanced levels..
While attendance is not mandatory, you obviously get out what you put into the program. I also consider attendance when it comes to who will participate in our special events.
In General – PLEASE:
- Do not bring your children to class if they are running a fever, vomiting or have diarrhea or in otherwise poor health.
- Have your children take care of their bio break before coming on to the deck. We don’t want them to miss any of their class to take care of that necessity.
- Do emphasize that it is appropriate for them to use the restrooms outside the pool and not the pool itself as a restroom.
- Do not approach your children or the coaches during the class. We want the children focused on the instruction given to them by their coaches.
- If you are bringing siblings to the class, be sure to keep an eye on them to be sure they are behaving and not approaching the pool area.
- We expect that the children are here to learn. While we want that to be a fun experience for them, it is work! Misbehaving will not be tolerated….for their safety and the safety of others as well as it is a distraction to other swimmers. If a child misbehaves, they will be asked to leave the session.
- Caps and goggles are required. Put your child’s name into and on every piece of equipment they have. The coaches are not responsible for lost items.
- There is to be no eating or chewing gum. Competitive swimmers should bring an empty water bottle to use for drills and water or Gatorade to keep themselves hydrated during workout. PLASTIC bottles only. Never glass.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Shawn.Slevin@theSwimStrongFoundation.org or call my cell at 646 269-7897. We wish you many years of happy swimming with us!