Swim Strong Water Safety Awareness Week Celebration
May 15-21 2017
I hope this message finds you well. You may be aware that we are celebrating our 10th Anniversary this year. One of our highlight events is our Water Safety Awareness Celebration.
Water Safety Awareness Week will be a celebration that will feature free swim lessons to each of the communities we give our Learn to Swim classes in.
- Monday 5/15 at Bushwick HS 400 Irving Avenue, Bushwick Brooklyn 6-8p ( FDNY to also give CPR training; Ridgewood Savings Bank will sponsor that day)
- Wednesday 5/17 at Jamaica HS 168-02 Gothic Drive, Jamaica Queens 7-9p
- Thursday 5/18 at Brooklyn Sports Club 1540 Van Siclen Avenue East NY, Brooklyn 5-7p
- Saturday 5/20 at Far Rockaway HS 8-21 Bay 25th Street Far Rockaway Queens 11a-1p
- Sunday 5/21 at Boys Club Manhattan 287 East 10th Street Manhattan 9a-1p (this is where we will also offer our “thank you” for our volunteers in college by providing the mini job readiness workshops)
We would love to have you participate with us by jumping into the pool giving swim lessons with us!
If you think there is any opportunity for Corporate Sponsorship as a result of your participation, please let me know what I need to do from my end. Companies may want to do what Ridgewood Savings Bank has done and sponsor a day for example ( those levels are attached).
Our goal for the community is to be able to give 200+ free swim lessons that week.
Goal for our guest Elite Swimmers (you) is to provide an opportunity to inspire our volunteers, community members and board members; get traditional and social media coverage and do some networking
Goal for our Partners and Sponsors is to give them more visibility within the communities we serve for the great work they do. Celebrate their participation via our social and traditional media platforms ( so far we have confirmation that Channel 12 will cover some of the week) Be a an opportunity for volunteerism for those companies.
Goal for Swim Strong to raise more awareness about the need for water safety and swimming skills and raise $15,000 for our scholarship fund. (60 children will receive free swim lessons)
Please let me know if you will partner with us to make this celebration a success! If so, which location/s work for you?
Shawn M. Slevin